Higher education is a constantly changing environment due to variables including student demographics, workforce talent, economic and political landscapes, and technological advances in teaching, learning and administration. These dynamics necessitate vigilant management of resources – financial, physical, human and environmental. In support of Georgia Tech’s Strategic Plan, the Division of Administration and Finance maintains a laser-focus on continuous improvement in all of its businesses and services.
As a key contributor to the Institute’s Strategic Plan, it is important for Administration and Finance and its units to develop supportive strategic goals and consistently measure its progress toward these goals. As part of its strategic planning process, Administration and Finance has identified six imperatives important to the support of Georgia Tech’s Strategic Plan, its own core values, and the Strategic Business Operations Framework which guides project and program implementation:
- Enable an outstanding work environment by building a high-performing organization through workforce and leadership development.
- Build and sustain robust partnerships and effective communication across the Institute.
- Use the strategic framework guiding principles to define, communicate, and address shared processes and priorities.
- Develop and maintain innovative systems (technology, processes, structures).
- Exhibit and demand ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate strong financial stewardship and sustainable management strategies.
The units within Administrative and Finance have developed business plans that define the goals, objectives, and priority actions for the next five years. The plans include a description of the intended outcomes and how we will measure progress toward achieving the desired outcomes. The benefits of this planning are:
- Sets a clear direction for making improvements in each unit.
- Fosters collaboration across units where common goals exist.
- Helps Administration and Finance meet accreditation requirements.
- Provides a structure to track and communicate progress.
- Provides a structure to review, learn, and enhance our efforts.