The Alcohol Prior Certification Request Form must be completed for Georgia Tech events where alcoholic beverages will be served. Prior approval is required. Please submit the completed form at least 7 business days before the event date.
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THIS REQUEST?
The organizer of an event to be held on Georgia Tech property where alcohol will be served is responsible for submitting the Alcohol Prior Certification Request Form. This form is required for all events where alcohol will be served regardless of who is invited.
Note: If students are invited to a campus event where alcohol is served, additional approval is required from the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students–see below.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST
- Please review the Campus Alcohol and the Employee Alcohol and Illegal Drug Use Policy.
- You will need to contact the Building Manager where you will have the event before you can complete your request. See list of building managers.
- An event with 100 participants or greater may require Georgia Tech Police presence. Contact the Georgia Tech Police for special event security.
- If you've received approval and event details change (e.g., location, time, measures to control consumption, alcohol service, etc.), you are required to notify Alcohol Request Coordinators at email@example.com.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and policies is required for all events, whether on or off campus.
- Regardless of past approvals for annual events, all requests are reviewed individually and approvals are issued on an event-by-event basis.
- For events with alcohol where students are invited, approval is granted by the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students prior to approval from the Executive Vice President for Administration and Finance.
- Once the event is approved, you will receive an email outlining Georgia Tech procedures to be followed.