Workplace culture sets the tone in every organization. To help create and promote a strong and healthy workplace culture at Georgia Tech, several units and colleges on campus have implemented a Staff Culture Advisory Council. Beginning this fall, Administration and Finance (A&F) is creating its own Staff Culture Advisory Council to serve as an advisory committee to leadership to:
To date, these councils have been successful in improving staff morale; providing more opportunities for staff to develop within their careers and serve in leadership roles; and empowering staff to share their experiences in an open and trustworthy manner.
In order for the A&F Staff Culture Advisory Council to be successful, we need your help and are looking for nominations to help lead this effort. We are looking for representation (non-managers only) from the following areas:
- Create a collaborative environment,
- Build workplace relationships,
- Foster employee wellbeing, and
- Promote equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Infrastructure and Sustainability
- Office of Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Real Estate
- Finance and Planning
- Georgia Tech Police Department
Each member of the A&F Staff Culture Advisory Council will have the following responsibilities:
- Represent and serve as a liaison between staff members and their respective unit leadership.
- Attend Council meetings and meet with unit leaders on a monthly basis to provide status updates.
- Participate in and/or lead ongoing projects.
- Promote respective unit level staff engagement activities.
- Propose initiatives and/or programs to support the Council’s overall mission.
- Share information among the respective unit.
Council members are expected to serve a 2-year term and be able to commit 2-3 hours a month on Council work, including but not limited to monthly meetings, touchpoints with unit leadership, and all-staff events. The ideal Council member should be able to:
- Demonstrate interest in and passion for moving the staff experience and culture forward in a positive way and has ideas to further improve the staff experience.
- Be candid in expressing their own opinions and show respect for others.
- Serve as a representative of their unit to solicit input and communicate information downstream.
- Demonstrate leadership by proactively communicating to other staff and supporting new initiatives.
If you are interested, please submit your information below. You may also nominate a colleague for consideration.
The nomination period begins Monday, Sept 13 and ends Friday, Oct. 1.