Workplace culture sets the tone in every organization. To help create and promote a strong and healthy workplace culture at Georgia Tech, several units and colleges on campus have implemented a Staff Culture Advisory Council. To date, these councils have been successful in improving staff morale; providing more opportunities for staff to develop within their careers and serve in leadership roles; and empowering staff to share their experiences in an open and trustworthy manner.
Administration and Finance (A&F) has created its own Staff Culture Advisory Council to serve as an advisory committee to leadership to:
- Create a collaborative environment,
- Build workplace relationships,
- Foster employee wellbeing, and
- Promote equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Each member of the A&F Staff Culture Advisory Council has the following responsibilities:
- Represent and serve as a liaison between staff members and their respective unit leadership
- Attend Council meetings and meet with unit leaders on a monthly basis to provide status updates
- Participate in and/or lead ongoing projects
- Promote respective unit level staff engagement activities
- Propose initiatives and/or programs to support the Council’s overall mission
- Share information among the respective unit
Business Relationship Manager of Executive Relations